Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] enum preferences vs Go Fish

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 10:55:15 +0200
On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 3:30 AM,  <mmann78@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I may have gone a little overboard, but I tried to remove all enumerated
> preferences that really should be Decode As.  There were enough nuances to
> each situation, that I made them all separate patches.
>
> https://code.wireshark.org/review/7901 (P_MUL)

For P_Mul I want the decode-as option to be available from the P_Mul
preferences, and from (currently only in gtk) second-click in the
packet details pane and selecting "Protocol Preferences" -> "Decode
Data PDU as".  This because I don't think the users will think about
the global "Decode As" when trying to configure P_Mul (or any other
protocol).

Is this possible with the decode-as changes?  Or do we have to
implement something more?

--
Stig Bjørlykke