Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Supported Python versions?

From: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 16:48:38 +0100
Hi,

Triggered by a build error due to html2text.py, I have recently started
with adding Python 3 support to various Python scripts[1][2]. The change
to html2text.py[1] was tested with Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2 and 3.4.

The configure script however checks for Python >= 2.5 which was first
released in 2006 with the last security update in 2011. This version
also lacks support for nice language constructs such as 'with'.
checklicenses.py is already incompatible with this.

Any objections if this gets bumped to 2.6 or even 2.7? The
dfilter-test.py script already requires 2.7 (or newer).
--
Kind regards,
Peter Wu

 [1]: https://code.wireshark.org/review/7779