Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Make CMake reuse Makefile.common?

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 16:55:35 +0000
On 4 March 2015 at 16:44, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 03/04/15 04:07, Michal Labedzki wrote:
On 03/03/15 11:50, Alexis La Goutte wrote:
And also if i remember the target is only have CMake for build system
(and remove autofoo...)

I hope there will be only CMake in near future (imply remove
autotools). As I know cmake aka build systems working for all
platforms. What about remove building part of autotools, use cmake for
that and use autotools for other tasks?

It may work but last I checked it didn't work too well: there's a bunch of stuff that works when running from an autotools build directory that doesn't from a cmake directory.  And it doesn't appear many people have been working on that.

Maybe that should be enumerated somewhere.  I've only built (off Windows) on Ubuntu using CMake and it worked for me.  On Windows there are a few bits left to finish off, but I think the nmake usage is coming to an end.

--
Graham Bloice