Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Make CMake reuse Makefile.common?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 14:10:04 -0500
On 03/03/15 11:50, Alexis La Goutte wrote:

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi,

    Recently there have been two issues due to separate copies between CMake
    and autofoo (missing ATH dissector, missing field registrations for
    plugins).

    The former could occur due to missing duplication from Makefile.common
    into CMakeLists.txt. The latter happens because the
    plugins/*/CMakeLists.txt are slightly different than the Makefiles (in
    terms of variable sets).

    Hereby I am proposing to convert Makefile.common automatically to
    CMakeLists.inc.txt, and then include that during the build process to
    set variables. The inspiration comes from cURL which too supports
    autoconf, and (as an experimental option) cmake.

    See this transformation macro[0] and its use[1] for an example.

Hi Peter,

Need to try... but i known CMake cURL is no perfect... and there is some
plan to drop support of CMake ;-)

And also if i remember the target is only have CMake for build system
(and remove autofoo...)

I've never been sure that's a good idea but regardless I think it will be so long before cmake can do everything autotools can that anything to make our lives easier in the mean time would be a good idea.