Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Menagerie

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 10:28:46 -0500
On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 10:20 AM, Christopher Maynard
<Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Evan Huus <eapache@...> writes:
>
>> I have a local copy that I grabbed by logging into the host server -
>> I've created a torrent of it (attached) which I am currently seeding,
>> so you should be able to grab it from me (and if you do, please seed
>> to others in return!).
>>
>> Gerald hopefully this is OK, as far as I know all of the relevant
>> captures are publicly available on Bugzilla or the wiki anyways.
>>
>> Evan
>>
>> P.S. This is a snapshot of the menagerie as of today, of course.
>
> I believe some of the capture files have been marked as "private" and should
> not be distributed.  At the very least, I would recommend holding off on
> publishing any torrent until that can be verified.

They are still publicly exposed every time the fuzz-bot finds a bug in
our dissection of one of them (unless it knows which ones those are,
and files the bugs as core-only)?

If they are truly private, they should be moved to a separate part of
the menagerie that is not fuzzed regularly.

> Also, some time ago, the folks at cloudshark offered a cloudshark appliance
> to the Wireshark project.  I would much rather see Wireshark take advantage
> of something like that than making the menagerie capture files in a way such
> as this or how Jakub did years ago.

That would certainly be more convenient.