Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Menagerie

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 15:20:49 +0000 (UTC)
Evan Huus <eapache@...> writes:

> I have a local copy that I grabbed by logging into the host server -
> I've created a torrent of it (attached) which I am currently seeding,
> so you should be able to grab it from me (and if you do, please seed
> to others in return!).
>
> Gerald hopefully this is OK, as far as I know all of the relevant
> captures are publicly available on Bugzilla or the wiki anyways.
>
> Evan
>
> P.S. This is a snapshot of the menagerie as of today, of course.

I believe some of the capture files have been marked as "private" and should
not be distributed.  At the very least, I would recommend holding off on
publishing any torrent until that can be verified.

Also, some time ago, the folks at cloudshark offered a cloudshark appliance
to the Wireshark project.  I would much rather see Wireshark take advantage
of something like that than making the menagerie capture files in a way such
as this or how Jakub did years ago.

- Chris

See also: http://goo.gl/oixnSm