Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Gsoc 15 Packet Editor project

From: isikcan yilmaz <can158@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 12:42:48 -0500

Hello;

I'm Isikcan Yilmaz, a Computer Engineering student in Drexel University. I am interested in participating in Google Summer of Code for the first time this year.

I have seen the Packet Editor(UI) idea on the wiki page of gsoc13. I have been working on a packet editor that can import a .pcap file, edit it and send the edited packet on the wire. I wrote the pcap reader and sender in C, using libpcap and libnet, and wrote a web interface for it, which would let the user manupilate each byte, converts some fields, such as the port number, to decimal and displays them on another info box. The edited packet would be sent back to the backend where it would get written on the wire. Lately, I have been writing a java interface for it but classes got in the way. I would love to integrate that project to Wireshark.

I am skilled at C, Java, Python, and have some experience in network programming. I have written high level client and server programs and lower level packet sniffing programs. If you see me fit for another project, please let me know.

Thank You
Isikcan Yilmaz
isikcanyilmaz.github.io