Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Volatile Read of Wireshark Frames
From: Jeff Morriss <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 15:50:28 -0500
On 02/25/15 09:14, FIXED-TERM Scholz Tobias (DC-IA/EAM6) wrote:
Thanks for the hint with „pinfo->fd->flags.visited”. This will help me
to improve my code.

I implemented this variable to my dissector and watched the conduct of
it. It reveals, that those flags, will not be reset (to FALSE), if I’m
starting a new capture without booting Wireshark.

Is it possible to reset all those visited-flags of frames, which have
already been dissected in the first capture, so that starting with a new
capture the flags are all FALSE?
I'm not sure I follow.  If you start a new capture or open a new file
then all of the previously-dissected frames go away: they cease to
exist.  The new frames will, of course, have 'visited' set to FALSE the
first time your dissector sees them.
Your dissector can register an initialization routine (with
register_init_routine()) if it wants to clean up before a new file is
dissected (amongst other uses).