Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Volatile Read of Wireshark Frames

From: "FIXED-TERM Scholz Tobias (DC-IA/EAM6)" <fixed-term.Tobias.Scholz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 14:14:03 +0000

Thanks for the hint with „ pinfo->fd->flags.visited”. This will help me to improve my code.

I implemented this variable to my dissector and watched the conduct of it. It reveals, that those flags, will not be reset (to FALSE), if I’m starting a new capture without booting Wireshark.

Is it possible to reset all those visited-flags of frames, which have already been dissected in the first capture, so that starting with a new capture the flags are all FALSE?