Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Can we put android phone device connected over USB to Win 7

From: Michal Labedzki <michal.labedzki@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 07:52:03 +0100
On 24 February 2015 at 23:03, Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Before you attempt to use the output of `adb shell` in a pipe, keep in
> mind that adb mangles newlines (LF -> CRLF) and is therefore unsuitable
> for binary data. This does not matter for textual output such as
> "tcpdump -D", but it affects "tcpdump -w -" (writes pcap to stdout).

Yes, I know. In real it is not a problem (there is possibility to
safely replace bytes),  but I decided to use text output because from
time to time on Google Gerrit someone may found patch to fix these
newlines...

Peter, what do you think about tcpdump interfaces from Android in
Wireshark (PC side)? I do not have ready that in my extcap tool (that
I will contribute soon), but it is trivial to do that (something like
that I do for old Android for Bluetooth interface "hcidump"). Pros:
"~realtime sniffing from Android (with tcpdump and permissions...);
also may add interfaces for USB [Unfortunately I do not see any phone
that implement that...]", Cons: "add a lot of interfaces... sometimes
2 (wlan0, any), somethimes 5, etc."

--

Pozdrawiam / Best regards
Michał Łabędzki, Software Engineer

Product Development Services

http://www.tieto.com / http://www.tieto.pl
---
ASCII: Michal Labedzki
location: Swobodna 1 Street, 50-088 Wrocław, Poland
room: 5.01 (desk next to 5.08)
---
Please note: The information contained in this message may be legally
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the
notified that any unauthorised use, distribution or copying of this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank You.
---
---
Tieto Poland spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością z siedzibą w
Szczecinie, ul. Malczewskiego 26. Zarejestrowana w Sądzie Rejonowym
Szczecin-Centrum w Szczecinie, XIII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego
Rejestru Sądowego pod numerem 0000124858. NIP: 8542085557. REGON:
812023656. Kapitał zakładowy: 4 271500 PLN