Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Can we put android phone device connected over USB to Win 7

From: Shashikant Ajegaonkar <ajegaonkar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 16:42:03 +0530
Hi Balint and Michael,

Thanks for the information.

Hi Balint,

Is there a way to save the captured files from wireshark running on Lil debi to the android device?

Is anyone aware of enumeration of WLAN interface from android phone  as WiFi interface (WLAN adapter) on Win 7 or Linux hosts?

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Michal,

> Hello Bálint,
>
> That works as "application" on Android or OS? I am not sure that user
Lil' Debi is an Android application that lets you install Debian on a
loop device or in a chroot.
Then you can run a shell or any command as an OS process.

> will be able to sniffing Android traffic on Debian like that.
I did capture traffic originating from my (Nexus 7) tablet, thus it
seems you can can capture everything.

> I see two cases:
> 1. User want to capture Android traffic.
> 2. User want to use Android device as... sniffer (monitor mode?) to
> capture air traffic.
>
> "Lil' Debi" - I cannot found it on Play Store. F-Droid too.
It has been removed from Play Store, indeed.
The F-Droid link seems to be OK and I also see it listed on on my
Android devices in the F-Droid "store".

Cheers,
Balint