Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Google deprecating OpenID 2.0

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 09:34:38 +0000

On 23 February 2015 at 23:51, Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/22/15 6:01 AM, Graham Bloice wrote:
> See https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/OpenID
>
> Does this affect our use of Gerrit if we use a Google account to
> authenticate?

Yes. In case anyone missed the other responses you need to stop
authenticating using your Google account and switch to another account
before April 20. I've added a notice to the login page.

In the near term we need to find a list of stable OpenID 2.0 providers
that we can recommend on the login page. In the long term we need to
find a more stable way of authenticating to Gerrit.

And is there any possibility of Gerrit supporting Open ID 2.0 Connect which is what Google+ supports and seems to be the future for Open ID?  The Gerrit issues tracker is very confusing on this.

--
Graham Bloice