Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] The RSVD dissector and 32-bit builds ...

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 06:31:41 -0800
Hi,

Guy has identified a problem with my handling of SCSI dissection in
the RSVD dissector.

I am using a 64-bit value as the key for a wmem_map_insert and this
will not work on 32-bit systems.

Having looked at the key values some more what it seems that Windows
is doing here is taking a 32-bit thread-ID and a 32-bit SCSI request
number and concatenating them. The one capture I have shows that I
cannot simply use either half of the 32-bit value.

Perhaps I need to hash the two halves into a 32-bit value.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe