Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problem with connecting to Gerrit-Server by use of SSH-Conne

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 17:02:17 +0100
Hi,

It is possible to use HTTP(S) but need to generate a "password"
Need to go Account Setting => HTTP Password

After you have the URL on Project => General (it is https://username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/review/wireshark )

Regards,

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 13 February 2015 at 10:54, FIXED-TERM Scholz Tobias (DC-IA/EAM6) <fixed-term.Tobias.Scholz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I’ve improved an existing Wireshark dissector. The code is ready for an upload to the Wireshark Gerrit-Server.

Due to that I used those two guides  ( http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/SubmittingPatches/GitForWindows and https://code.wireshark.org/review/Documentation/user-upload.html ) to create a SSH-Connection to upload my changes. I have already installed the tools successfully on my computer, as in the “GitForWindows” guide described. Furthermore my Gerrit account already has a linked SSH public key with my PC. The Last step in the “GitForWindows” guide is to check the connection with the server with “ssh –p 29418 yourGerritusername@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”.

But right at this point a Problem appears. Right now I am not able to create an SSH-Connection, because it is not allowed. Therefore I’ve searched for another solution to create a different connection to the Gerrit-Server, but without any success.

My Question therefore is:
Is it possible to upload my changes to the Gerrit-Server without a SSH-Connection (HTTP / HTTPS) or is this connection type coercive necessary?

I'm not sure if HTTPS can be used, but you can add a "-v" argument onto the ssh command to get verbose output that might let you see where things have gone wrong.  Further -v arguments generates even more debug output.

--
Graham Bloice