Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Crash in ws_mempbrk_sse42_compile()

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 19:26:10 +0100

I am building on MSVC2010EE and getting a crash upon startup.  This is after doing a clean and rebuild.

Inline image 1

'needles' is set to {0x1, 0x0}.  'length'.  'length' (set by call to strlen()) appears to be 0x68034a68, which would surely crash the memcpy().

Sorry, don't have time to look into it any more for now.
Martin

Hi Martin,

this is being discussed here: https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/7070/
To avoid portability issues, we might end up doing the alignment ourselves (as noe free is done).

Pascal.