Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Mailing List Discussions for Patches

From: Kevin Grigorenko <kevin.grigorenko@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 14:29:07 -0800

Hi there. I wrote a patch to add a "Sum" column to the Service Response Time window which I've found useful in some customer work. I've reviewed § 3.9 "Contribute your changes" in the Developer's Guide and I didn't find any notes about whether or not mailing list discussion is required, which is common in other projects. Does there need to be a discussion on this mailing list before or after submitting a patch to Gerrit? I've received internal IBM legal approval to contribute to Wireshark.

--
Kevin Grigorenko
IBM WebSphere Foundation SWAT Team