Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] out-of-tree plugins (Was: master 2bcd38f

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 09:41:25 -0500
On 02/05/15 03:51, Wireshark code review wrote:
Submitter: Anders Broman (a.broman58@xxxxxxxxx)
Changed: branch: master
Repository: wireshark

Commits:

2bcd38f by Evan Huus (eapache@xxxxxxxxx):

     ethercat: add default case in FoeFormatter

     Should probably fix an unintialized memory access caught by valgrind, although I
     can't reproduce it because out-of-tree plugins are still broken.

... in cmake. Just upgrade to autotools and you'll be better off. ;-) (In autotools almost everything works out-of-tree including plugins, Lua taps, and who knows what else.)

Seriously, though, just keep 2 build directories around: I use _build/ for autotools builds and _build_cmake for cmake builds (for those rare times when I want to try something in cmake--or at least make sure I didn't break something).