Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Bluetooth and Miscellaneous menus

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 17:39:42 +0100

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 1:44 PM, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 28 January 2015 at 10:59, Michal Labedzki <michal.labedzki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In menu entries meaning: yes (cross-platform), it based on capture
file. So if you load Bluetooth logs then new dialogues will works for
you on Win or Mac.

Other meaning: LIve capturing is supported only on Linux, partially
Windows (via USB). [support for Win/Mac is hard while I do not have
them at all, but I sometimes looking on that]

Great.

This is good time to ask about platform-dependant options... what if
some functionality can be done only on Linux? Show only on Linux, hide
on other? (disable?) Or maybe Wireshark does not like stuff like that
at all?

I think AirPCap is Windows only, I'm not sure if it disables or disappears on other platforms.  At least replicating what it does is likely to be a good start.

There is some plan to use USBPCAP (with extcap) to have USB capture option to Windows

--
Graham Bloice