Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Custom cmake files

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 12:53:55 +0100
Hello Anders,

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 09:50:27AM +0000, Anders Broman wrote:
> Commit https://code.wireshark.org/review/gitweb?p=wireshark.git;a=commitdiff;h=3b46e6eaf61a29f9bd8f8c162caa54cc2ea81fe2 is causing me problems.
> Are you opposed to changing back the file name to CMakeListsCustom.txt<https://code.wireshark.org/review/gitweb?p=wireshark.git;a=blob;f=epan/CMakeListsCustom.txt;h=d1f41d62ab11221332d26a56a04b470426de65ab;hb=84629f43cb6c19ca2e0e512ac2429584925be896> ? That makes it easy to have the files included in a tarball and makes it possible for me to
> Use the same file names in my custom build as in the standard one. I do not want to carry changes to "standard" files if it can be avoided. As it stands I would have
> To have my own Makefile.am or add some sort of hack to it. I think it would be much cleaner just changing the file names back.

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking: If you want to rename the
CMakeListsCustom.txt.example back to CMakeListsCustom.txt then yes, I'm really
opposed to it, because in that case I don't see any advantage in modifying the
...Custom... file instead of changing the original CMakeLists.txt file. My
motivation for this change was to avoid haing a modified *checked* in file
in my source tree while doing dissector development.
How about adding a variable in the custom file that allows additional files to
be pickt up for packaging?

Ciao
       Jörg