Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Bluetooth and Miscellaneous menus

From: Michal Orynicz <michal.orynicz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 10:53:15 +0100
Hi,
I think that's a good idea. It would be nice to make it for GTK too, but QT should be enough.

On 28 January 2015 at 09:05, Michal Labedzki <michal.labedzki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I want to add new menu in Wireshark for Bluetooth (in February). It
will be menu on the right of "Telephony" in main menu. It will be
named "Bluetooth". For now I have prepared only one entry for this
menu, but I have ideas for another 3 new windows (3 "summary" dialogs
and 1 graph), so I prefer to add Bluetooth menu now, then I will add
new entries/dialogues next month(s). Of course there are ideas for
another features, but those 4 will be done soon.

What do you think? I think only about Qt UI, should I also do that for GTK?

If so... there is another question: what about create "shortcut" to
other... "menu entries"? For example: In file menu there is "Export
Objects -> ..." so some of "..." can be put also in Bluetooth menu. Or
there is "RTP Player" in telephony, so it also works for Bluetooth (in
case that is not related to telephony at all so Bluetooth user may do
not know about this functionality).

Also I think about "Miscellaneous" menu for everything that is not
Telephony, Bluetooth or Statistics. I have idea to implement ADB
(Android Debug Bridge) Framebuffer Player. It will play or show frame
of framebuffer found in logs. ADB is currently supported over USB and
TCP layer.
This is the feature for future (but not so far; near; this year?) but
let discuss it now may be good idea.

--

Pozdrawiam / Best regards
Michał Łabędzki, Software Engineer

Product Development Services

http://www.tieto.com / http://www.tieto.pl
---
ASCII: Michal Labedzki
location: Swobodna 1 Street, 50-088 Wrocław, Poland
room: 5.01 (desk next to 5.08)
---
Please note: The information contained in this message may be legally
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the
notified that any unauthorised use, distribution or copying of this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank You.
---
---
Tieto Poland spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością z siedzibą w
Szczecinie, ul. Malczewskiego 26. Zarejestrowana w Sądzie Rejonowym
Szczecin-Centrum w Szczecinie, XIII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego
Rejestru Sądowego pod numerem 0000124858. NIP: 8542085557. REGON:
812023656. Kapitał zakładowy: 4 271500 PLN

Pozdrawiam / Best regards
Michał Orynicz, Software Engineer
Tieto Corporation

Product Development Services