Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] checkfiltername.pl failures in LDAP

From: Hadriel Kaplan <hadrielk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 12:37:08 -0500
Howdy,
A small change I made to asn1/ldap/packet-ldap-template.c has triggered the pre-commit's invoked checkfiltername.pl verification script to fail, with the failures at the bottom of this email. This is causing the petri-dish to fail.

The comments in checkfiltername.pl state that any changes to its whitelists must be justified, hence this email.

All but one of the failures below is due to the field name's first portion being "mscldap" instead of "ldap" or "cldap", I think. Presumably these names start with "mscldap" because they're specific to Microsoft's Active Directory implementation. Perhaps I should change these field names to be "cldap.ms.foobar..." instead? Or should I whitelist it?

The last failure is because a portion of the field name's second word has the first word (i.e., "LDAPMessage_element" contains "ldap"), I think. But that's the name from the ASN.1 definition, so I think this should be allowed, and added to the whitelist in checkfiltername.pl.

Any comments/thoughts/ideas?

-hadriel

asn1/ldap/packet-ldap-template.c (44 (of 65) fields)
mscldap.netlogon.opcode doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.ipaddress.family doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.ipaddress.ipv4 doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.ipaddress.port doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.ipaddress doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.lm_token doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.nt_token doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.flags doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.ntver.flags doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.domain.guid doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.forest doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.domain doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.hostname doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.nb_domain doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.nb_hostname doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.username doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.sitename doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.clientsitename doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.ntver.searchflags.v1 doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.ntver.searchflags.v5 doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.ntver.searchflags.v5ex doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.ntver.searchflags.v5ep doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.ntver.searchflags.vcs doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.ntver.searchflags.vnt4 doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.ntver.searchflags.vpdc doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.ntver.searchflags.vip doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.ntver.searchflags.vl doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.ntver.searchflags.vgc doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.flags.pdc doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.flags.gc doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.flags.ldap doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.flags.ds doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.flags.kdc doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.flags.timeserv doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.flags.closest doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.flags.writable doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.flags.good_timeserv doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.flags.ndnc doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.flags.rodc doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.flags.writabledc. doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.flags.dnsname doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.flags.defaultnc doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
mscldap.netlogon.flags.forestnc doesn't match PROTOABBREV of ldap-template
ldap.LDAPMessage_element duplicates PROTOABBREV of ldap