Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector Development; _init function for inizilizing GHashTable

Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 08:58:18 +0100 (CET)
I am working on the FTP dissector at the moment.

I have introduced a GHashTable for the purpose of storing seq and lastackseq numbers and pinfo data.

I have introduced a static void ftp_init(void) function in the same fashion as in other protocols - ie. packet-acse.c -
in which I call g_hash_table_new.

The relevant hashtble_oid_hash and
hashtble_oid_equal are not called, presumably because they are not registered by the

g_hash_table_new  function.

My debugger indicates note of these funcion code is reachable.

What do I need to fix this?