Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Open-only-once capture devices and the packet rate spark lin

From: Stephen Fisher <sfisher@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 14:53:24 -0700
On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 05:32:19PM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:

> (It would be Truly Nice if Oracle/HP/IBM provided isolated
> Solaris/HP-UX/AIX virtual machines, for which free-software developers
> could request access including root access if necessary, for build
> testing and run-time testing.)

I came across this the other day:

"The Power Cloud that enables developers offers no-charge remote access
to IBM hardware, including IBM POWER8., IBM POWER7+. and IBM POWER7.
processor-based servers on the IBM AIX???, IBM i and Linux???  operating
systems.

PDP is intended for Development, Porting and Functional testing only."

http://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/wps/servlet/ContentHandler/stg_com_sys_power-development-platform

I didn't look much closer to see if we could qualify or not.  It says no
charge for IBM ParterWorld members but maybe they have something for
open source projects?