Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] master cf142c6: Get Wireshark to compile

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 13:28:08 -0800
On Jan 24, 2015, at 11:14 AM, Wireshark code review <code-review-do-not-reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> cf142c6 by Gerald Combs (gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx):
>
>    Get Wireshark to compile with afl-gcc.
>
>    Fix errors found by American Fuzzy Lop's afl-gcc
>    (http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/afl/):
>
>    peektagged.c:
>    error: 'fileVersion' may be used uninitialized in this function

So did AFL generate a test case for this one?  I'm not sure where it could ever be used uninitialized, given that wtap_file_read_number() should, if it returns a value that's neither -1 nor 0, fill in the variable to which it's handed a pointer; perhaps afl-gcc's data flow analysis missed something, or perhaps I did.