Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Retrieve data from lower layer dissector

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 11:51:50 +0000
On 22 January 2015 at 11:45, yannick omnes <yomnes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi list,

i'm working on a plugin to dissect a private protocol that use link aggregation. I have to produce stats for each link used. The problem is that the protocol doesn't provide any information about which link were used to send one packet. So I have to work with the source ip/port. Is there a way to retrieve those values from the UDP dissector ?

Have a look at the packet_info struct in epan/packet_info.h which is passed into every dissector.  The struct holds various source and destination addresses.

--
Graham Bloice