Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] where to put the Bug: line for bugzilla integration

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 10:51:51 +0100

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 3:31 AM, Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/15/2015 10:44 AM, Jeff Morriss wrote:
On 01/15/15 10:21, Evan Huus wrote:
Public service announcement, since I've gotten a few emails from
people confused why bugzilla integration seems flaky:

The bugzilla integration will not automatically pick up on the Bug:
#### line unless it is part of the footer (i.e. not separated by blank
lines from the rest of the Change-Id: lines and similar). The
following message will work:

Make some change

Bug: 1234
Change-Id: Iblahblahblah

But this one won't:

Make some change
Bug: 1234

Change-Id: Iblahblahblah

... And this means that when you're doing a commit (which does not yet
include the Change-Id--since that's automatically added later) you need
to put the Bug: line immediately prior to the comments, like:

Test commit

Bug: 1234
# Please enter the commit message for your changes. Lines starting

Unfortunately this doesn't work on Windows Git (at least on mine).

Even after doing the above, the commit message ends up with an empty line between the "Bug .." line and the "Change-Id:" line.

You have to do a 'git commit --amend' to fix up the commit message to remove the empty line.

May be updated the documentation about this ?
http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/SubmittingPatches