Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] where to put the Bug: line for bugzilla integration

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:44:05 -0500
On 01/15/15 10:21, Evan Huus wrote:
Public service announcement, since I've gotten a few emails from
people confused why bugzilla integration seems flaky:

The bugzilla integration will not automatically pick up on the Bug:
#### line unless it is part of the footer (i.e. not separated by blank
lines from the rest of the Change-Id: lines and similar). The
following message will work:

Make some change

Bug: 1234
Change-Id: Iblahblahblah

But this one won't:

Make some change
Bug: 1234

Change-Id: Iblahblahblah

... And this means that when you're doing a commit (which does not yet include the Change-Id--since that's automatically added later) you need to put the Bug: line immediately prior to the comments, like:

Test commit

Bug: 1234
# Please enter the commit message for your changes. Lines starting