Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Generate AUTHORS file

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 09:55:37 +0100

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 7:36 PM, Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One thing I noticed when I reviewed one of the .mailman patches you've
> submitted was that some authors have multiple email addresses.  Do we really
> want to include them all?  I thought the current AUTHORS file typically only
> has one (hopefully "latest" email address)
I think when people move to a new company and they contributed on
behalf of or with the approval of their prior company the prior
company still deserves the credit.
Since credit is usually given by using the company's email address I
think retaining the old addresses is better.
It is possible to add exception ;-) (and for some people, there is 2 entry on "AUTHORS"

For others, it is ok for you ? i can continue my work ?

Regards,

Cheers,
Balint