Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] A description of Wireshark

From: Fulko Hew <fulko.hew@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 21:00:34 -0500

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 8:49 PM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/12/2015 04:08 PM, Jaap Keuter wrote:

... snip ...

Here's my latest attempt; it's still a bit wordy but I like the idea of advertising just how great Wireshark is.  Of course the first bit comes from the website's About page.

+Wireshark is the world's foremost protocol analyzer.
+
+It allows you to examine data from a stored protocol capture file or as it is
+captured from live wired or wireless (WiFi or Bluetooth) networks, USB
+devices, and many other sources.  It supports dozens of protocol capture file
+formats and understands more than a thousand protocols.

How about this slightly more simplified paragraph:

It allows you to examine previously captured data stored in files, or live data
from wired or wireless (WiFi or Bluetooth) networks, USB devices and many
other sources. It supports dozens of capture file formats and understands