Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Question about stats_tree

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 09:47:07 +0100
Hi list
I was planning to have stats_tree for hpfeeds, but I have a problem and I need some suggestion from you.
In hpfeeds the channel is a user-defined string that is not defined by the protocol, and that is used to share infos in a set of consumer/producer. For that I can't create a pivot table based on hard-coded values. I would like to generate stats per-channel like:

Channels stats: 100
- channel 1: 80
- channel 2: 20

Is there a way to achieve that? I am able to get the channel name only during dissection, and not in init phase.
Hope to have described the issue well...

Any idea/suggestion?

Thanks!
Dario.