Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Questions about Submission of dissectors

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 13:08:46 +0100
Hi Christopher,

My company has developed a number of dissectors for our own protocols, and we are interested in possibly having them incorporated into the main Wireshark distribution.

We have a few questions related to this process.

1) Could our dissectors be incorporated into the main Wireshark distribution after code review?

Yes your dissectors can be incorporated once they pass the review stage. Please read https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSrcContribute.html for more details on the process. The patch should be done against master branch.

2) Is there an official form for contributions, covering legal aspects?

The source code must be under GPL 2.0.

3) What legal obligations exist for Wireshark contributors?  Are there any obligations beyond those listed in the GNU GPL?

Not sure to understand what you are thinking to. Could you elaborate?

Regards,
Pascal.