Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Questions about Submission of dissectors

From: Christopher Sheldahl <christopher.sheldahl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 20:51:07 +0000 (UTC)
My company has developed a number of dissectors for our own protocols, and we are interested in possibly having them incorporated into the main Wireshark distribution.

We have a few questions related to this process.

1) Could our dissectors be incorporated into the main Wireshark distribution after code review?

2) Is there an official form for contributions, covering legal aspects?

3) What legal obligations exist for Wireshark contributors?  Are there any obligations beyond those listed in the GNU GPL?

Thanks for your consideration,

Christopher Sheldahl