Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-users] Wireshark 1.12.3 is now available

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 21:02:32 -0800
On Jan 7, 2015, at 8:07 PM, "Manish ." <manish9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am confused with the two release of wireshark at a time (1.12.3 and 1.10.12)
> Can anyone of you please confirm which one is latest and recommended.

	http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/LifeCycle

"The Wireshark download page lists three types of releases: Stable, Old Stable, and Development.

	* The Stable release is the latest official version of Wireshark. In most cases this is the version you should use.
	* The Old Stable release is an older official version of Wireshark which is still supported. You may be required to use this, for example if your organization has strict software approval policies.
	* The Development version is used for testing new features. Use this if you need one of those features."

The download page says 1.12.3 is the current Stable release and 1.10.12 is the current Old Stable release.

> Also request you to confirm which release is having upp,

No release provides it:

	https://ask.wireshark.org/questions/26776/why-protocol-upp-is-replaced-by-uma-in-wireshark-1103

> ranap megaco and iuup protocols.

1.10.x and 1.12.x provide all of them.  1.12.x releases might support more protocol features than 1.10.x releases.