Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Generate AUTHORS file

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 18:10:35 +0100

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 6:02 PM, <mmann78@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One thing I noticed when I reviewed one of the .mailman patches you've submitted was that some authors have multiple email addresses.  Do we really want to include them all?  I thought the current AUTHORS file typically only has one (hopefully "latest" email address)

With .mailmap, you can generate a AUTHORS with only one address by authors (the first of .mailmap)

For exemple with git log
if you use : git log --format='%aN %aE' | sort -u

Git use .mailmap and there is no duplicate author entry

if you use : git log --format='%an %ae' | sort -u
(note miniscules n and e)
Git don't use .mailmap, and there is duplicate author entry

I hope, i have respond to your question...

Regards,