Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Update Windows Build Instructions

From: Stephen Fisher <sfisher@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 10:03:44 -0700
On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 08:26:23AM +0000, Graham Bloice wrote:

> CMake can still generate nmake files if you wish, but IMHO the normal
> route would be to generate VS solution files and then build from the
> command line with msbuild, or fire up the IDE and build from there.

I've always liked the idea of using native build environments on each
platform, such as the IDE in VC for Windows.  I assume we use nmake
files now so we can include makefile.common easily.  Is there a
straightforward way to (perhaps through a script) build solution files
for VC and keep them up-to-date from Makefile.common (or similar file)?