Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Update Windows Build Instructions

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 14:34:36 +0000

On 5 January 2015 at 08:26, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4 January 2015 at 21:05, Stephen Fisher <sfisher@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 04, 2015 at 10:08:53AM +0000, Graham Bloice wrote:

> Maybe your Win7 SDK came from an earlier install of the Platform SDK?

My Win8 32-bit machine at home is a fresh install, so VC 2013 CE is the
only VC I've ever installed.  The Win7 64-bit install at work install
may have had something left over from an older VC install hough.

So the Win 8 machine has Win32.Mak in the SDK\7.1A\include dir?  If so, it would seem that CE does install the older SDK.  I'll try to confirm this later.

I can confirm that it does.

My preferred solution is to copy it into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\include" directory, I'll try to update the guide this evening.

--
Graham Bloice