Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Update Windows Build Instructions

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 08:26:23 +0000
On 4 January 2015 at 21:05, Stephen Fisher <sfisher@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 04, 2015 at 10:08:53AM +0000, Graham Bloice wrote:

> Maybe your Win7 SDK came from an earlier install of the Platform SDK?

My Win8 32-bit machine at home is a fresh install, so VC 2013 CE is the
only VC I've ever installed.  The Win7 64-bit install at work install
may have had something left over from an older VC install hough.

So the Win 8 machine has Win32.Mak in the SDK\7.1A\include dir?  If so, it would seem that CE does install the older SDK.  I'll try to confirm this later.

> However, if I ever (or someone else assists) get the Windows CMake
> build fully operational, all this will go away as we can drop the
> nmake support.

CMake on Windows would still use the Microsot compiler tools, just
without the nmake part?

CMake can still generate nmake files if you wish, but IMHO the normal route would be to generate VS solution files and then build from the command line with msbuild, or fire up the IDE and build from there.

--
Graham Bloice