Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Update Windows Build Instructions

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 18:52:56 +0000
OK, it seems that even after all the complaints MS still haven't updated VS 201x to provide it.  IIRC it went missing in VS2010. See here for at least one complaint about it: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/771247/win32-mak-is-missing-from-vs-2012-win-8-sdk-install

It's a really awkward file to obtain if you don't have it, i.e. you need the whole of the Win 7 Platform SDK.

I wish we could distribute it ourselves, but it has an MS copyright notice on it.  Can we ask someone about it?

I'll try to update the Guide to put it back in.

On 3 January 2015 at 17:26, Stephen Fisher <sfisher@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 03, 2015 at 03:39:42PM +0000, Graham Bloice wrote:

> What version of VS are you using?

VS 2013 Community Edition (on 64-bit Win7)