Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Update Windows Build Instructions

From: Stephen Fisher <sfisher@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 13:11:08 -0700
On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 12:01:58PM +0000, Graham Bloice wrote:

> I have mostly got the rework to the Developers Guide ready to update
> it to use VS2013 Community Edition.

I'm setting up a Windows build environment again for the first time in a
couple of years and the instructions are working well so far.  This part
is unclear to me:

"2.2.4. Install PowerShell

If you are running Windows Vista you may need to install Windows
Powershell 2.0. Later versions should also be supported. You can
download it from https://www.microsoft.com/powershell";

Does that mean I need to install Powershell only if I'm running Vista?
But not other versions of Windows?  What does Powershell do for us now?