Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Change in wireshark[master]: [WIP] Add .mailmap: fix duplica

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 21:14:22 +0100
On 12/18/2014 4:19 PM, Alexis La Goutte (Code Review) wrote:

[WIP] Add .mailmap: fix duplicate/wrong e-mail or name in commit log

It will be reused form generate AUTHORS file

If the AUTHORS file is to be autogenerated:

I vaguely remember that there may have been cases where someone explicitly requested that they not be included in the AUTHORS file.

Does anyone have any remembrance of this (or anything similar) ?

It happened a few times in the pre-git era (see https://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201301/msg00102.html for example).