Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] CMake support out of source plugin compilation

From: Maarten Bezemer <maarten.bezemer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 15:35:10 +0100
On Tuesday 16 December 2014 09:24:50 mmann78@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Am I correct in understanding most of the patches introduce "optional"
> features, so they shouldn't break existing cmake user setups (of platforms
> the Petri-Dish doesn't have)?

Yes, the patches should add new, optional out-of-source build support. The
regular (in source) building methods should still work as before.

https://code.wireshark.org/review/5254/ contains even additional code to
ensure backwards compatibility with the regular/previous (in source) building
method.

I have tested my changes by building Wireshark for Linux/Ubuntu to see whether
they do not break anything during regular builds.
Which was the case (on my computer).

Regards,
  Maarten