Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] master 3147087: Fix ranlib "has no symbo

From: Michal Labedzki <michal.labedzki@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 08:02:31 +0100
On 10 December 2014 at 20:05, Alexis La Goutte
<alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 12:28 AM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Even if we don't want to use it by default if present, should we have --with-spandsp, defaulting to "no", so that people don't have to do quite as much work to use it if they choose to build a custom version of Wireshark?
> Good for me
> (There is already some code for CMakeList ?)
> And there is already some stuff only for Linux only like SBC (Codec
> for Bluetooth A2DP stream playing)

SBC is not Linux only. It iss cross-platform.
I do not see ENABLE_SPANDSP in cmake. I prefer to add this and
defaults to TRUE. Like SBC - optional package, only use it if detect
it.

The same should be done in autotools (then drop support for autotools...)

I think Wireshark should provide own codecs, because system codecs are
not always available (like FLAC in Windows, SBC - there is probably no
SBC codecs anywhere). I like sentence: "See packet bytes, hear packet
stream, watch packets result". We can see packet bytes (and bits), for
RTP we can hear it, but no watching yet (sometimes you can extract
[part of]stream...)

--

Pozdrawiam / Best regards
Michał Łabędzki, Software Engineer

Product Development Services

http://www.tieto.com / http://www.tieto.pl
---
ASCII: Michal Labedzki
location: Swobodna 1 Street, 50-088 Wrocław, Poland
room: 5.01 (desk next to 5.08)
---
Please note: The information contained in this message may be legally
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the
notified that any unauthorised use, distribution or copying of this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank You.
---
---
Tieto Poland spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością z siedzibą w
Szczecinie, ul. Malczewskiego 26. Zarejestrowana w Sądzie Rejonowym
Szczecin-Centrum w Szczecinie, XIII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego
Rejestru Sądowego pod numerem 0000124858. NIP: 8542085557. REGON:
812023656. Kapitał zakładowy: 4 271500 PLN