Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] configure: error: GTK+ 3 is not available

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 10:32:42 +0100

Hello.

I am building Wireshark 1.12.2 rpm on RHEL machine and in the configure step, I am getting the following error:

checking for GTK+ - version >= 3.0.0... no

*** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...

*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the

*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly installed.

configure: error: GTK+ 3 is not available

What should I do in order to get through it as I don’t have GTK+ 3 or above version on my machine?

Output of: rpm -qa|grep gtk

gtk-vnc-0.3.10-3.el6.i686

gtkspell-2.0.16-1.el6.i686

gtk2-immodule-xim-2.18.9-6.el6.i686