Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Conversation filters

Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 17:02:42 -0500
I was noticing that we have 2 sets of "conversation filters"
1. The Conversation filters from the Analyze menu (GTK).  These are controlled as the "dissector level" where the dissector "registers" filters it wants.  Currently Profinet and EtherNet/IP dissectors use this.
2. The Conversation filters from the context menu.  These appear to be a "GUI construct" (GTK + Qt?) for Ethernet, IP, TCP, UDP and Profinet CBA.

Should these be merged into one?  Should one of them really be using a name other than "conversation" to describe its functionality? (hence the separate menus)

My current thought is to merge them into one using the registration construct used for #1 above but wanted other opinions.