Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Support dissecting REAL (BER) data values

From: Maarten Bezemer <maarten.bezemer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 12:37:08 +0100
Hi,

I noticed that the function was indeed used by packet-ber.c as well. I do not
have means to test whether my changes are compatible with PER.

But if the encoding indeed is identical, it should be working... Although the
dissect_per_real() function (or what ever its name is), does probably need
some updates, as I did for the BER variant.

A disadvantage of putting the code in asn1.c is that it does not have means to
add decoding warnings/errors to the tree (unless the tree is provided by
additional function parameters).

Regards,
  Maarten