Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Support dissecting REAL (BER) data values

From: Maarten Bezemer <maarten.bezemer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 17:05:49 +0100
Hello,

I provided a patch to add (initial) support to dissect REAL (BER) data values:
https://code.wireshark.org/review/5527

For me, it all seems to be working (for my application), but I suppose that I
did not test all possible situations. So I would appreciate it, if people are
willing and able to try out the patch.

I do also have a question about the (desired) implementation.
I noticed very rudimentar/incompletey support to dissect REAL data values in
the asn1_get_real() function (epan/asn1.c). So I extended this function to add
full/better support. But, this is the only data type that is 'dissected' in
epan/asn1.c, all other types are dissected in epan/dissectors/packet-ber.c

So, I was wondering whether to move the REAL data type support from asn1.c to
packet-ber.c?

Note that packet-per.c also uses the asn1_get_real() function, I did not
test/try this encoding type, as I do not have means to do so.

Regards,
  Maarten