Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] --without-gtk3 doesn't imply --with-qt

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:26:51 -0500
On 11/26/14 13:01, Stephen Fisher wrote:
Is there any reason a user would have both GTK3 and GTK2 installed and
not want to use GTK3 for wireshark-gtk builds?  We could simplify it to
be --with-gtk/--without-gtk and --with-qt/--without-qt and just use the
latest version of GTK on the system (3.x, if available, otherwise 2.x)
when requested.  The default could remain to make a Qt and GTK build and
if the user didn't want GTK anymore, just pass --without-gtk to the
configure script.

I have both Gtk3 and Gtk2 installed but build with Gtk2. The Gtk3 UI just looks horrible to me (and, no, I'm not one who really cares about how things look but, well, I have a choice).

(I do intentionally keep the Gtk3 libraries around, though, for those rare occasions when I might want/need to build it.)