Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] On which platforms is there a need for Wireshark to have a "

From: Andreas Sikkema <h323@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 23:45:11 +0100
I know it's a bit late, but I felt I had a reasonable use-case:

On 06/11/14 19:54 , Guy Harris wrote:
> So presumably many of the non-native-English users you know run in "mixed mode".  Why do they do that?

For years I was forced by corporate IT to use the Dutch version of
Windows. It was therefore a godsend to be able to configure applications
that support it to English.

Since most online documentation is in English, and my frame of reference
for all things computer is in English, I get lost in Dutch language
applications quite quickly.

Here's an example, a forum that I use quite frequently. When I set
Firefox to Dutch, The links for Login and Registration get translated to
Aanmelden and Registreren. In my mind, Aanmelden and Registreren both
mean Registration. So now I am confsed, which of the links should I
follow to login?

--
Andreas Sikkema