Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 1.99 Qt - Display Filter Auto complete feature gone fo

From: Semjon <semgo@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:08:47 +0100
Hello,

I just tried the new 1.99 version with Qt which I find over all has a
nicer, more modern look&feel than the gtk version.
But one thing I realised is not so good I think.
In Gtk versions in the display filter field I could start to write my
filter and with every separation via the "." after a known
protocol/field it would suggest me all possible fields to use as a
filter (e.g. if I type "ip." it would open all possible options in the
dropdown menu for the ip-protocol addr, dst, len etc...).
This was very comfortable specially if You don't know exactly how to
write if you want to for example filter the TCP destination port. Now in
the QT version it seems that this dropdown select has the function to
show the last entered filter values which (at least for me) is quite
useless.

Is this going to stay like this or is this functionality just not ported
from the gtk version yet?

Thanks & Regards

SemGo