Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] removed functions fast way to find substitutes?

From: Semjon <semgo@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 09:48:06 +0100
Hello,

I maintain a dissector for a proprietary protocol of my employer and now
and then I grab me some current wireshark-sources and check if my
dissector code is still compatible which - in recent times-
unfortunately often it is not due to changes in the wireshark lib / API.

So everytime my code fails to compile/link I have to check which
functions were removed and which new functions do I have to use now.
One of my current problems is with

tvb_get_faked_unicode(...)

which isn't available anymore.
In my Protocol I have some Ascii-encoded String but which comes as two
bytes per character. Example:
{0x0031, 0x0032, 0x0033, 0x0034, 0x0000} in tvb should display in
GUI/Tree/PacketList as "1234"
I used to call:

tvb_get_faked_unicode(NULL,tvb, 20, ((tvb_length(tvb)-20)/2),ENC_BIG_ENDIAN)

and display result as %s in col_append_fstr() or as FT_STRING in
proto_tree_add_string().

So could anyone give me a hint, is there a function still available for
this type of encoding or do I have to write something.

In general is there a fast/convenient way - other than manually looking
through the sources after functions that might do what i want - to check
if this function X is now replaced by function Y.

Other examples I need to replace are:
abs_time_to_ep_str()
nstime_delta()

Maybe there's some changelog containing this info?

Thanks in advance.

SemGo